What is a CocoaPod in iOS App Development?October 04, 2021 Publish By : EXPERT APP DEVS 56 sec read Viewed By : 597
- Cocoapod is a dependency manager for Xcode projects
- Cocoapods is worked with objective-o and swift
- Thousands of libraries and millions of applications use cocoapods.
- Dependency managers make it easy to add, remove and update third party libraries.
- For Exp. You need to call some APIs so you need to create your own networking library. Instead of creating a library, you can import the Alamofire networking library for easy management and easy update.
How to use and install cocoapods
- Install cocoapod in your system using the following code
“sudo gem install Cocoapods”
Installing dependency to project
- Redirect to project directory and initialize cocoapod
- Run following code
- Now open podfile and add dependency
- After adding a dependency to podfile install pod
- After installing dependency open xcworkspace file
- Now we can use dependency by using import dependency in our project
- If we need to update and add more dependencies we can easily do this just we need to add or update the dependency in the pod file and run “pod install”.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.