Developing iOS apps for IoT with FirebaseMarch 01, 2021 Publish By : EXPERT APP DEVS 2 min read Viewed By : 666
- If someone has begun with very limited knowledge of IT, Firebase of google is a good choice of making iOS applications with IoT.
- Firebase is a trusted server interacting apps.
- Real-time database
- Database stored with JSON format and synchronize with the client in real-time. Firebase server automatic update when any data stored in change.
- Firebase database calculates the size of the project when users upgrade or expand service.
- Firebase uses a NoSQL type of database.
- Offline work
- The firebase application is maintained even interruption of internet connection.
- One data write in the cloud will be stored in the local database of firebase, when the internet connection reconnects client activities update immediately and synchronized to the server.
- User authentication
- Firebase can authentication with Facebook, email, Twitter, Github, and google.
- We can integrate this function for the backend code of the application as a token or API secret key.
- Google firebase provide many services with different size storage and Bandwidth level from the free cost to $1500/month.
- Firebase bills for data stored in your database and all outbound network traffic at the session layer of the OSI model.
- Billed of storage at $5 for each GB/month.
- ESP8266 and firebase for IoT application
- It is that Firebase has supported iOS application with the ESP8266 board.
- ESP8266 is a self-contained SOC WiFi module.
- It is Integrated with TCP/IP protocol stack.ESP8266 can give any microcontroller to access our WiFi network.
- The ESP8266 has the capability of hosting an application or offloading all WiFi networking functions from another application processor.
- Tensilica L106 32-bit microcontroller unit (MCU) use in ESP8266 and a Wi-Fi transceiver.
- Hardware preparation
- ESP8266 Wemos D1 (x1 board)
- 4-relays control board
2) Software preparation
- Arduino IDE for programming C code to ESP8266.
- Library of firebase for ESP8266.
- Programing Editor for a web app like Notepad++
6) Create an account on firebase
- If we have already a google account then sign in with Gmail account. Firebase finds your account very easily.
- We get started for a new project and fill in all details like project name, project ID, and country/region.
- After click On Create New project
- From here we started with a choice of iOS app
- Create a Real-Time Database as per shown above image.
- Set status true as per the above image
- Now your database is ready to receive and store data
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.