Facts That Nobody Told You About MusicKit in iOS developmentOctober 08, 2021 Publish By : EXPERT APP DEVS 3 min read Viewed By : 651
MusicKit is used to play Apple music and local music libraries from apps or websites.
Users provide permission to access a music account. It will use your app to create a playlist and add songs to the library.
If users do not use apple music then you can offer a trial membership within the app.
Apple Music API
- Apple Music API is used to retrieve information like albums, artists, songs, music videos, playlists, rating charts, apple music stations, and users' most recently played content.
- You can also create and modify a playlist using apple music API.
- In your app use a music kit with apple music API, a web service used to access information about apple music items.
- You can built a music app more easily using a music kit
- If you need to communicate with the apple music service then visit Certificate, Identifier, and profile to create a media identifier and private key to sign your developer tokens.
- MusicKit provides a model layer that will use for accessing music items in swift.
- Also, this framework provides playback support and add music to your app
- It provides some user interface-related elements like display images that correspond to artwork for music items.
- Users must provide permission for your app to access the music data.
- You need to add the NSAppleMusicUsageDescription key in info.Plist and include a description of how you are using the user's media.
- If NSAppleMusicUsageDescription is not present in info.Plist then the app will terminate while accessing user music.
Creating a music identifier
- Open Xcode and create a new project. Add bundle identifier which will use to create a music identifier
- Now open an apple developer account and go to Certificates, Identifiers, & Profiles.
- After the page is loaded click on the identifier from the left of the page.
- Now you will see a list of All app IDs associated with your Apple developer account.
- Now create a new music identifier. This is created by click on the blue plus button to identifier title
- Make sure you select the Music IDs option before pressing continue.
- Now You will ask for a description and identifier for Music ID. Fill in the details and make sure your identifier should be in this format:- music.<YOUR-BUNDLE-ID>.
- Now click on continue and make sure all details are correct, then click on register.
Creating private key
- In the Certificates, Identifiers, and Profiles page, Click the On Keys tab on the left side of the page.
- Click on the plus button to create a new key.
- Enter Key name and select MusicKit from the Below list.
- Before you click on continue we need to configure this capability.
- Click On configure and you will see the identifier before you created it. Select the Music ID you created and click on Save.
- Now you will go to the previous page where you can click finally on Continue.
- Check everything and make sure all are correct then click on Register.
- Click on Download to download your key and save it.
- Also, Make sure to take a note of your Key ID it will need.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.