Let's Talk About Android JetpackAugust 02, 2021 Publish By : Expert App Devs 3 min read Viewed By : 764
Jetpack is a collection of android software components and it helps us to build great android apps.
It helps us in the following.
- In writing boilerplate code
- Creating complex thing in simple mode
There are some challenges which Android developers faced earlier.
- Activity lifecycle managing
- Changes in surviving configuration
- Memory leaks prevent
Jetpack's software component solves all these errors. So the solution is Android Jetpack for all the problems.
Jetpack updated more frequently than android platform so that it updated very frequently.
Jetpack Components -
Jetpack components is a collection of libraries which are adoptable and built for work together to take advantage of Kotlin language features that make the android more productive.
These software components are divided into 4 - categories, which are the following.
- Foundation Components
- Architecture Components
- Behavior Components
- UI Components
Let's discuss these one by one.
Foundation Components -
These are the main parts of foundation components.
- Backward compatibility
- Support for the Kotlin language.
By using foundation components we are building the following.
App Compat: Material design user interface implementation support.
Android KTX: Kotlin extensions to write idiomatic, concise Kotlin code.
Multidex: multiple dex files support for apps.
Test: Testing framework for unit, runtime UI test.
Architecture Components -
By using Architecture components we are building the following.
- Robustable Apps
- Testable Apps
- Maintainable Apps
Following are the all architecture components.
- Data Binding: Binding the UI elements to our layout for app data sources.
- Lifecycles: It manages the activity and fragment of our app life cycles .
- LiveData: It notifies us of the views of database changes.
- Navigation: It handles everything for in-app navigation.
- Paging: It loads the information on demand from your data source to your app.
- Room: Accessibility of SQLite database.
- ViewModel: It handles the UI-related data in a lifecycle-conscious way.
- WorkManager: It Manages every background related task in Android with the circumstances we choose.
Behavior Components -
By using Behavior components we are building the following.
Following are the all behavior components.
- Download Manager: It handles, schedules, and manages the large downloads in the background as well with auto retry support.
- Media & playback: It provides the backwards compatible APIs for media playback and routing.
- Notifications: It manages the backwards-compatible notification API and it has the wear and Auto support as well.
- Permissions: It provides the compatibility APIs for checking as well requesting permissions in the app.
- Preferences: By using preferences you can create interactive settings screens for users to configure.
- Sharing: A share action which is suitable for the app's action bar.
- Slices: It creates flexible UI elements which display app data outside the app.
UI Components -
These UI components provide widgets and helpers to make android apps that are easy and delightful to use.
Following are the all UI components.
- Animation and transitions: It provides the moving widgets and transition between screens.
- Auto: Here you find the components which are useful to develop Android Auto apps.
- TV: Components to develop Android TV apps.
- Emoji: It Enables the updated emoji font on android platforms.
- Layout: Algorithms use different layout widgets.
- Fragment: Fragment is a basic unit of composable UI.
- Palette: It pulls the useful information from color palettes.
- Wear: Components to develop Wear apps.
So this is all about android jetpack, i think you find it good read then please please like and share the post as well if you have any please feel free to contact us.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.