xCode 13 New FeaturesOctober 08, 2021 Publish By : EXPERT APP DEVS 2 min read Viewed By : 1006
xCode 13 introduce a new version of Swift language with version 5.5
Introduce new SDK for iOS 15, iPad OS 15, and Watch OS 8
- Xcode 13 introduces a new file icon according to file type.
- We can also hide the File extension name from the general setting.
2. Autocompletion improvement
- Automatic import.
- For example, I’m using UIView but not imported UIKit then it will automatic import UIKit.
- Now the editor also detects when you are trying to wrap optional values with if..let OR guard..let.
- it completes your code block by just writing “if let (first letter of optional value )” and it will give suggestions.
- Deeper Property
- Xcode 13 offers autocomplete properties inside properties.
- Enum case with switch:
- Now we can autocomplete all enum cases in the switch case with the condition.
3. Column breakpoint
- Now you can add a breakpoint in a certain point instead of the whole line.
4. Version control
- Apple introduced version control in Xcode.
- But in XCode 13 they give a massive update for version control.
- Now in Xcode 13, it is easy to compare changes between two versions code.
- Now you can also take an open pull request in Xcode and also invite a reviewer.
5. Xcode Cloud
- Select the Archive Action
- select the archive action for its scheme
- Choose a Product
- Select the Cloud tab, and then click Create Workflow.
- Choose your application and click on next
- Grant Xcode Cloud Access to Your Code
- Xcode cloud is a combination of Xcode, TestFlight, and AppStore Connect into CI/CD system
- Start Your First Build
- Now Choose a branch and start building. Xcode cloud takes checkout of the branch code and starting build code.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.