How to Implement iOS 15 and Android 12 on React NativeSeptember 24, 2021 Publish By : EXPERT APP DEVS 3 min read Viewed By : 991
In this tutorial, we are going to discuss how to implement iOS 15 and android 12 with react native.
Because new versions are released for android and ios both and creating apps with the latest platform.
Here we see the latest updates which we get in iOS15 and android 12, so let’s start.
iOS 15 Major Changes -
Following are the same major changes which we can see after updating the app.
- QuickType Bar: I think you all know about the Quicktype Bar, if you use the text input then you must know about it if not then I told you, quicktype bar is a bar which is above the keyboard, here you see the 3 - words matching with your typed word. So the change is if you want to hide the quick bar then you need to set the false for autoCorrect and spellCheck.
Syntax - <TextInput
- Transparent Navigation Bar: In iOS 15 you see the change in the navigation bar as we know iOS 14 has the transparent navigation bar when we scrolled up the app.
For More Info Check Out this thread.
How to install iOS 15 -
You can install iOS 15 from the beta program, as we know beta is stable but maybe you face some issues because upgrading to iOS 15 is irreversible.
Simulator Testing - For testing your app with iOS 15, you need to download and install the Xcode 13.
Android 12 Major Changes -
Android 12 introduces some changes which surely affected your app experience, following are some changes.
- Overscroll Effect: It affects the overall scroll view containers, as we know that react native scroll views are based on native scroll so you can check to see if it is working correctly or not.
- Permission Updates: Android 12 updates the permission as well, ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION only provides the approximate location if you request for it.
- Restrictive App Standby bucket: In Android 12 it introduces the new bucket with the name of restricted. It has the lowest priority and the order is from high to low.
- Working set
- Power management restrictions: Here you find where your app is placed in a restricted bucket.
- Graphics and images: In Android 12 we check the refresh rate changes using setRateFrames. It shows the seamless transition of behavior. It is called the refresh rate switch.
Security and privacy: On Android 12 it allows the supported devices, users can anytime enable and disable the microphone and camera for any app or device. Users can access the toggle by single clicks.
Check whether a given device supports a microphone and camera toggle.
Check the response in-app behavior to microphone and camera toggles.
For more detail please check - Google’s detailed behavior changes for all apps running on Android 12.
Install Android 12 -
Install in the device - If you want to install the Android 12 beta in your device then follow the following instructions via instructions here.
Install in emulator - If you want to install the Android 12 beta in your emulator then follow the following instructions here.
If you have any queries or issues, please feel free to ask.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.