User experience helps design teams pave through the plans and strategy. It improves the team’s decision-making abilities. This means identifying where the buttons would go and how the app can be more usable. Similarly, the UX-led designs offer more room for problem-solving, thus ensuring a seamless design.
It is the foundation for your mobile application, as it uses the existing learning curves to build new navigations and menus. The screens are tied to the user’s usage requirements.
However, it can be challenging to plan the experience design and align it to your interface requirements. To expedite designs, you should incorporate UI/UX design frameworks with pre-built components, tools, and widgets. These frameworks can also help plan the strategies and enhance the outcomes.
We will take you through the top 7 frameworks for UI/UX designers in 2023.
Top 7 UI/UX Mobile App Frameworks for Designers
As a designer, the UI/UX framework can be a good addition to your tools. It can accelerate your work and ensure timely app releases.
#1 Onsen UI
It is a leading open-source UI/UX framework that allows designers to build apps with HTML5 and CSS technologies. You can create a refreshing, aesthetic, and native-like frontend for your mobile app solutions with various pre-built components for mobile UI design. The framework has iOS and Android Material design support, which makes creating exquisite designs easy.
The SDK allows the designers to create impressive experience designs using one of the many process frameworks. As soon as HTML and CSS are updated, it is incorporated into the mobile application, thus furthering the solutions.
The Key Features
- It is an open-source UI framework that works with Cordova and PhoneGap
- It comes with a comprehensive toolset that makes designing the interface easy
- Offers a responsive layout for the designers
- Excellent at developing PWAs and web apps along with mobile app solutions
- API can be integrated with AngularJS, VueJS and React
- Extends support to multiple languages and frameworks – AngularJs, Angular, JQuery
- Pre-defined UI components that make it easier for you to customize the app solutions
- Reusable components that can be used extensively
- Code your frontend once and use it across multiple platforms
- The community base isn’t extensive, so designers have limited support
- The app can run slower on Android as compared to iOS
#2 Framework 7
You can introduce the enabling features like swipe back, native scrolling and animation in sync with the design suggestions of the iOS platform. This framework allows you to implement various UI elements, such as side panels and models.
The Key Feature
- It works with the familiar JQuery syntax for easy development
- Arrange your elements in a responsive fashion using the built-in grid system
- You can load the pages from templates using the flexible router API
- Can integrate with numerous frameworks, including Angular and Vue
- It is lightweight, which in turn impacts its performance
- It helps with rapid app development
- It can integrate with React and Angular frameworks to enable fast development
- Low learning curve for delivering apps on iOS and Android
- It supports only iOS and Android
- Limited community
- The documentation is substandard
#3 Material UI
This React UI component library can accelerate mobile app design and front-end development. This UI is a fully-loaded library that comprises all the latest features and components. The framework's core comes with the Material UI, which helps plan the experience and interface design for cross-platform app development.
It includes pre-built and professionally developed UI templates that make quick work of designing your app interfaces. You can integrate with any design tools your designers use to improve the design outcomes.
It is important to know React to use this mobile app UI design tool.
The Key Feature
- It helps incorporate the dark mode for your mobile app interfaces
- It is interoperable with CSS and JSS styling elements for better interface designs
- It is backed by Google and includes an enriching interface design library
- Components are built using the material design guidelines
- It is compatible with the majority of the browsers
- Easy to use
- Documentation is excellent
- Continuously updated and enabled with the latest experience design features
- The animation created using this framework can be distracting
- The overall performance can be slow and frustrating
The apps built using this UI/UX framework are native in their appeal and aesthetics. You can also integrate them with third-party apps such as Cocoapods, Mave and NPM.JS.
You can design platform-agnostic interfaces, which means you save the time invested in creating interfaces for both iOS and Android. It uses third-party plugins to create the aesthetics and responsive designs you need. It can easily integrate with the top-notch APIs to deliver capable solutions.
The Key Features
- Create a native user interface for your mobile application without WebViews
- Get direct access to the Android and iOS APIs with this UX framework
- Design for cross-platform solutions and share the UIs
- Native-like UX and performance
- Extends support to Angular 2.0
- Supports and integrates with all the JS libraries
- Excellent data visualization for class insights
- The plugin support is not completely feasible
- The interface components may not be free
- The documentation is not very good
Flutter is an exceptionally designed, open-source frontend framework that helps designers create the apt UI/UX for the mobile app. It is a platform-agnostic framework, so you can share the interface design across multiple platforms. From incredible fonts to beautiful templates, Flutter supports your native-like app development needs.
With this framework, you can create usable and aesthetic solutions for mobile. The framework is widget-based, which means you can accelerate designs. You can integrate with tools like Figma to repurpose the designs into Flutter UI.
The Key Features
- Create the layout and interface design using the widgets
- Pre-built templates, components and libraries to enhance app development
- Shared user interface design
- It comes with its rendering engine for exceptional designs
- Excellent shortcuts and UI elements are available
- Rapid application development for reduced time to market
- Shared interfaces, which lead to better design productivity
- Excellent and responsive designs
- Widget-based development for quicker results
- The Flutter UI is relatively nascent
- The resource base is not very high
- It has a learning curve as the base language is Dart
#6 JQuery Mobile
JQuery mobile is a “write less, do more” type of UI framework that allows designers to create app interfaces in sync with their objectives. You can create multi-platform and responsive app designs with this platform.
It is a touch-optimized mobile app UI development framework. You can create apps for smartphones and tablets. The idea is to create an app that works seamlessly and diligently across platforms, exuding a seamless experience.
The Key Features
- You can create branded and personalized mobile applications with this platform.
- Simple and usable framework for mobile app design
- Theming and UI widgets for faster designing
- Create responsive designs within minutes
- Integrate with simple APIs for the more touch-friendly interface components
- Access the rich device components with this mobile app framework
- It helps you design lightweight applications
- Create responsive designs that work on all platforms
- It provides a native-like appearance
- You might experience some performance issues working with this framework
- It offers limited capabilities compared to native development
This is an exceptionally rated solution if you are planning a hybrid app development. It can also be used to design the interface for your desktop application.
The Key Feature
- The platform is designed to enable no-coding mobile app UI development
- Offers reusable and interchangeable UI widgets for development
- Integrates with Angular and other JS scripts for better interface development
- The low learning curve as it works with HTML5 and CSS technologies
- Quick app interface development
- It doesn’t have solid community support that can help support the developers
- Used only in specific cases when you need to develop both web and mobile applications
Mobile app UI design is an integral part of your design process. If you create an experiential and interactive application, you will increase conversions for your business application. These frameworks can help expedite the application development while keeping the user experience requirements in mind. You can choose the framework that fits your requirements.
Expert App Devs is a leading UI/UX mobile app design company. Hire UI/UX designers to create the appropriate design experience and enhance the usability of your application. Connect with us with your design requirements and business idea for end-to-end solutions.
- 5 Key Principles to Boost Your UX Designs for Conversion
- Mobile App or Mobile Website UX Comparison: Which Engages More?
- AR-VR based Interior Design App Development - A Powerful Guide
- Your Guide to Powerful Mobile Game Design
- A Complete Guide to Mobile App Redesign: When and Why Answered
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.