Is React Native a Good Choice for Startups?December 22, 2020 Publish By : Expert App Devs 4 min read Viewed By : 555
What is a React Native? -
React native is developed by Facebook in 2015.
Startups that using react native -
Following are some startups that use the react-native for development.
- Pinterest - see what Pinterest developer says about react native (https://madewithreactnative.com/pinterest/)
Advantages of using React Native for startups -
- Using react native more than 90% of the codebase is shared between iOS and Android. With an average of 1025 apps hitting the Apple store and google play in a single day, an early, mover advantage cannot be overlooked for your app’s success.
- React Native has a big developer marketplace from which your startup can pick the best programmers.
- You can always find developers online on platforms such as Upwork or Fiverr based on the hourly pay rate.
- It uses third party plugins for a level of customization that is not available with other platforms. One of the best parts of React Native is that it supports third-party plugins.
- React Native supports declarative programming.
- Declarative programming makes the code more readable and easier to understand.
- Using React Native, you can simply change the program’s state, and the UI will change its look accordingly.
- Paying a salary is one of the most expensive costs for a startup, with an average company of five employees spending around $205,000 on salary.
- If you choose to React Native then you don’t need to hire two different developers, you only have to pay for a single developer who will help you launch the app on Android as well as iOS.
- So you saved the money that you can use in other critical functions, such as marketing.
- React Native comes with a lot of readymade tools and libraries which are already inbuilt.
- If you ask any developer what is the one key advantage of using React Native, and Hot Reloading will be an answer that will pop out in most cases, Through hot reloading you can inject new files that you edited during runtime while keeping the app running.
- Hot Reloading means you don’t lose any of your states, a key advantage when you are tweaking the UI of your app.
- When you change your code, your app reloads automatically, which helps in accelerating development time.
- React Native has been launched around 2015, so there is a large community of developers available online.
What’s New In React Native -
- In the new update, React Native supports the reduced motion and iOS accessibility flags for iOS.
- In the new update, it expected the new UI for the users to the ecosystem in a more clear and engaging way.
- Auto-linking for OS
- Fast Refresh feature taking the development experience to the next level, this is a mix of “hot reloading” and “live reloading”.
Pros of using React Native -
- Learn once write everywhere - The meaning of “Learn once write everywhere” is developers can learn once and then be reused to start developing for different platforms immediately.
- React Native is faster - React Native is faster just because real-time reloading, at the time of developing a server is running on the developer's machine that communicates with the running app. As soon as the developer saves his code, it is loaded in the background and sent to the app. So the result of the work is immediately visible and developers receive quick feedback on their changes.
- Using React Native Save Time and Money - When you use the react-native you don't need to create a separate app for android and iOS, you create a single app that runs on both platforms.
- You can use React Native with your existing Android and iOS projects or you can create a new app with react native.
- React Native also provides a set of native components like View, Text, and Image that map directly to the platform’s native UI building blocks.
World-wide performance of the React Native.
You can see, worldwide React Native 42% on Hybrid development. So we can say that, react native is a more useful development language for hybrid applications.
Need a consultation?
Drop us a line! We are here to answer your questions 24/7.